D. J. Johnson
Date of birth : 1985-11-07
Date of death : -
Birthplace : Texas City, Texas
Nationality : American
Category : Sports
Last modified : 2010-09-23
Domonique "D. J." Johnson is an American football cornerback for the New York Giants of the National Football League.
* Psychology major…Played football, basketball and competed on the track team at LaMarque (Texas) High School…
* Originally signed as a rookie free agent by the Denver Broncos on April 27, 2009…Waived by the Broncos on Sept. 5, 2009…Signed to the Broncos practice squad on Sept. 7, 2009…Signed by the Giants off the Broncos practice squad on Nov. 11, 2009.
* As a rookie in 2009, played in the final 3 games of the season…Contributed 3 solo tackles on defense and 2 on special teams…Inactive for his first 4 games with the Giants…Made NFL debut at Washington (12/21) and had 2 special teams tackles…Played on defense for the 1st time at Minnesota (1/3) and had 3 solo tackles.
* Played 24 career games in 2 seasons at Jackson State after beginning his collegiate career at the University of Missouri…Totaled 66 tackles (52 solo) and 10 interceptions, 2 of which he returned for touchdowns, at Jackson State…Added 27 pass breakups, forced a fumble, blocked a kick and returned 5 kickoffs for 120 yards…Named 2nd-team All-America by the Associated Press and 1st-team All-Southwestern Athletic Conference as a senior after leading his team and placing 3rd in his conference with 5 interceptions, including 1 returned for a touchdown...Selected as the Defensive MVP of the 2007 SWAC Championship Game during a junior season in which he started 12 games and had a team-high 5 interceptions…At Missouri, he played in 7 games with 4 starts and had 17 tackles.
OFF FIELD ACTIVITY
* Joined then-teammate Danny Clark as he hosted kids from Abbott House for a holiday shopping spree at Wal-Mart.
* Attended the Giants annual "Jingle Jam" holiday party at Giants Stadium for 500 N.J. foster children.
* Attended a fundraiser dinner hosted by Coach Peter Giunta for Holy Spirit School.
View the full website biography of D. J. Johnson.