Date of birth : 1983-01-27
Date of death : -
Birthplace : Greenwood, Mississippi
Nationality : American
Category : Sports
Last modified : 2010-12-10
C.C. Brown is an American football safety who currently plays for the Detroit Lions.
2010: Teams’ starting strong safety.
* Amassed 6 tackles (5 solo), a pass defensed and a forced fumble in season opener at Chicago (9/12).
* Tallied 5 solo tackles and a pass defensed vs. Philadelphia (9/19).
* Recorded a team-best 7 tackles (5 solo) at Minnesota (9/26) and added a pass defense.
* Came away with 7 tackles (6 solo) and 1 pass defense at New York Giants (10/17).
* Left game early with injury to right knee against Washington (10/31).
* Inactive against the New York Jets (11/7) due to knee injury.
2009: Saw action in all 16 games with 7 starts and totaled 63 tackles (51 solo) and 2 pass defenses.
* Started at strong safety and finished with a team-high 10 tackles (7 solo) at Kansas City (10/4). Stopped RB Larry Johnson for no gain in the fourth quarter and forced a RB Jamaal Charles fumble on the game’s opening kickoff that was recovered by LB Bryan Kehl to set up a WR Steve Smith 6-yard touchdown receptions.
* Finished with a team-high 11 tackles (10 solo) vs. Arizona (10/25). Also added a forced fumble.
* Recorded a team-high 9 tackles (6 solo) at Philadelphia (11/1).
2008: Started all three games played on the season before fracturing his right forearm in the four quarter at Jacksonville (9/28). Finished the season with 15 tackles (12 solo) and a pass defensed.
2007: Played and started in all 16 games for the first time in his career. Finished fourth on the team with 83 tackles (64 solo), the second-highest tackle total of his career. Also added an interception, 9 pass defenses, 2 forced fumbles and 3 fumble recoveries on the season.
* Started at strong safety at Carolina (9/16) and recorded 6 tackles (4 solo), a pass defensed and a fumble recovery.
* Served as a game captain and made 8 tackles (7 solo) vs. Indianapolis (9/23).
* Tied for the team lead with 8 solo tackles, 2 pass defenses an dregistered his third career interception vs. Miami (10/7), returning the pick 9 yards.
2006: Started and played in 15 games, inactive once due to injury. Finished with 65 solo tackles and first career sack vs. Dallas (10/15). Also tied career-high with 3 pass defenses.
* Started and recorded a career-high 10 tackles and first career sack against QB Drew Bledsoe for a 10-yard loss at Dallas (10/15).
* Totaled 3 tackles, a pass defensed and a forced fumble that resulted in a 58-yard touchdown return by CB DeMarcus Faggins at Oakland (12/3).
* Intercepted his first pass of the season, picking off QB Charlie Frye in the end zone for a touchback in the season finale vs. Cleveland (12/31).
2005: Started 13 of 16 games during his rookie campaign and led the secondary with 102 tackles. Also had an interception, 4 pass defenses and a forced fumble.
* Collected 8 tackles as a starter in regular season debut at Buffalo (9/11).
* Recorded first career forced fumble when he stripped KR Dante Hall in the third quarter vs. Kansas City (11/20).
* Recorded 7 tackles during his first professional start at free safety at Baltimore (12/4).
* Had his first career interception (5-yard return) and made 4 tackles vs. Arizona (12/18).
* Led the secondary with 10 tackles vs. Jacksonville (12/24).
Spent two seasons at Louisiana-Lafayette and started all 23 games of career with the Ragin’ Cajuns. Was a two-time All-Sun Belt Conference selection and played in the 2005 Hula Bowl.
* Transferred from Mississippi Delta Community College in Moorehead, Miss. Collected 168 tackles, including 9.5 for loss, 2 interceptions, 6 pass defenses and a sack during collegiate career.
* Led team with a career-high 101 tackles and two tackles for loss as a senior, earning first-team All-Sun Belt and team MVP honors.
Attended Greenwood (Miss.) High School, where he lettered three times in football. Born Ceandris Nehemiah Brown in Greenwood, Miss.
View the full website biography of C.C. Brown.